Wednesday, February 5, 2014

I Must Confess

My name is Becca and I'm a Wellness Addict.



My drug of choice. Every time I partake... complete bliss. Always changing, always new and exciting. A little overwhelming at times, but worth the high it's consistently delivering.


Is it time to quit? Absolutely not! This is my 10 Step Program to a happier and healthier lifestyle.

Wellness isn't just about being healthy.

"Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence."

This existence includes six main areas: occupational, physical, social, intellectual, spiritual, and emotional. The process is realizing how these areas are coexisting, and using them to better myself as a whole.

A while back I started consciously looking at what I'm surrounding myself by. And to my disgust all I saw was chemicals and toxins. I'm eating them, drinking them, breathing them, and slathering them all over my body every single day of my 23 years, 103 days, 1 hour, and 7 minutes of my life so far.

What happened? When did we stop caring what we do to our bodies, the one thing that is keeping us alive?

A healthy body is a happy body, and I want that for myself and my family.

Through this blog I will document my journey. It will serve as my snowball, it will hold me accountable, it will encourage me every step of the way.

Every time I research something new, I see ten more things I want to do. It's amazing the world that I'm stepping in to (carefully... with baby steps). I will take it one thing at a time until I'm living the life I want to live. And maybe along the way I can offer some good advice to another fellow addict, and receive the wisdom of those that have taken the journey already.

Time to dive in!



For further information: www.nationalwellness.org

No comments:

Post a Comment