Thursday, February 27, 2014

Post-Pill Cleanse; What Am I Eating?




Let's try that again… What am I not eating?

This cleanse has a pretty hefty list of No-Sir-Not-For-Mes:


  • Gluten
  • Dairy
  • Sugar
  • Soy
  • Caffeine
  • Alcohol
  • Conventionally raised meat
  • Pretty much anything processed (it all contains sugar)

And a pretty short list of Yes-Ma'am-In-My-Mouths:

  • Leafy greens, other vegetables
  • Healthy fats like avocados, coconut oil, eggs, nuts, seeds, quinoa
  • Quality meats
  • Turmeric and Maca root
  • Some fruit

So what the heck am I eating? 

I have bacon and eggs scrambled with veggies most mornings. I drink a lot of super healthy smoothies packed with all the essential nutrients. I eat salads with every vegetable in my house thrown in. Homemade dressings and sauces that don't contain sugar (impossible to find in the store). And lots, I mean lots, of happy meat. 

If you asked me what I like to eat before this cleanse, eggs and meat would not have made it very far up that list. I'm pretty sure cheese might've been number one. This diet has obviously been a drastic change for me.

But I'm actually enjoying my food! You should see me at the grocery store, my cart completely loaded with baggies full of fresh produce, stacks of meat, and dozens of local farm eggs. I feel like a champ!

Don't get me wrong, the first couple of days I would've done just about anything for a brownie, a chunk of Italian bread, or some yogurt. But the cravings ended pretty quickly. Now when I want to indulge in something sweet, I eat a banana. I'm perfectly content eating my own homemade (unsweetened) almond butter by the spoonful. And I take pride in whats inside my refrigerator.

The only thing I haven't gotten used to is how many dirty dishes I go through after cooking all of my meals!



Photo from freedigitalphotos.net by Naito8

No comments:

Post a Comment